Warren Bennis, professor at the University of California and recognized expert on the subject of leadership says the following in his seminal book On Becoming A Leader:
"To become a leader, then, you must become yourself, become the maker of your own life. Knowing yourself is the most difficult task that any of us faces. But until you truly know yourself, strengths and weaknesses, know what you want to do and why you want to do it, you cannot succeed in any but the most superficial sense of the word."
Since self-knowledge is as Bennis said "the most difficult task any of us faces," and is a foundation to developing Emotional Intelligence, it is a critical element to include in leadership training. Through gaining knowledge of self through assessment and training, leaders discover and build on their own strengths, recognize that a strength done to excess can become a weakness, and begin developing a plan of action to address skill gaps.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Experts have long suggested that the beginning of leadership is to "know oneself." Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. It is often hard to take an objective look at oneself. That's where the MBTI can help. By filling out a simple questionnaire, the MBTI reliably sorts people into categories to which they already belong. Participants often comment that hearing the feedback is "like looking in a mirror." The MBTI puts words to what people have often suspected about themselves but lacked the language to describe.
Leadership Training Learning Objectives:
Explore the theory underlying personality preferences
Experience the differences emerge in insightful group activities
Gain a better understanding of self
Identify areas of natural strength and reveal potential blindspots
Receive personal (confidential) interpretive MBTI report
Learn to recognize the characteristics of other personality types
- 10% discount on six or more registrations made at the same time.
- Workshop Location: Tero Learning Center, 1840 NW 118th Street, Suite 107, Des Moines, IA 50325
- Workshop Times: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Workshop Virtual Times: 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (90-minute lunch break)
- Registration fee includes: expert workshop facilitation by highly-skilled Tero trainers, workshop materials, useful job aid, award-winning Your Invisible Toolbox book, e-manual and electronic resources, complimentary subscription to Tero's monthly eZine (electronic magazine) and complimentary access to Tero's exclusive Graduates Only section of the Tero website.
You may cancel your registration up to 14 days before the seminar. 75% of your registration fee will be refunded. If you need to cancel less than 14 days prior to the seminar, you may send a substitute from your organization or transfer your registration to another Tero seminar within one year.
Tero International provides training to clients at locations around the world. To bring this Tero workshop to a group of people at your location, to inquire about facilitator certification, or to ask a question, contact Tero. Contact Rowena Crosbie, President, 515-221-2318 (ext. 202) or email [email protected]