You and a co-worker disagree on the best approach to improving a process.
You need to provide corrective feedback to an employee and anticipate they will become defensive.
You are part of a team with differing views on how to allocate budget dollars to different projects.
You need to find a solution to a customer complaint that both the organization and the customer are happy with.
These are just a few examples of workplace scenarios that can result
in either a positive or negative outcome, depending on how they are
handled. In today's complex and changing environment, the ability to
effectively influence others in pursuit of winning outcomes represents
competitive advantage to individuals and organizations.
- Learn the four steps that lead to winning outcomes
- Explore factors that influence trust in relationships
- Foster open and honest dialogue
- Learn to communicate for successful results
- Develop high-level listening skills
- Clarify desired outcomes
- Reveal underlying and hidden interests of all parties
- Learn a skill for voicing disagreement in a positive manner
- Diagnose the five most common behavioral approaches to communication
- Conduct a self-audit
- Learn how to stand up for your rights without becoming aggressive
- Discover how to meet the needs of others without giving in
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, on the phone and by email
- Handle your own unproductive emotions and influence the emotions of others
- Practice relevant influence situations that relate to your workplace
- Learn how conflict can be prevented
- Resolve conflict when it happens
Since communication frequently happens between individuals in ongoing
relationships, and often with the presence of stress, employees at all
levels in organizations face a particular challenge:
How to Communicate Without Compromising Relationships or Results
Research reveals that most attempts at collaborative communications fail and/or lead to conflict. In Tero's interactive Influence
workshop, participants learn and apply the steps and skills used by the
most successful communicators that lead to winning outcomes.
- Workshop Location: Tero Learning Center, 1840 NW 118th Street, Suite 107, Des Moines, IA 50325
- Workshop Times: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. both days
- Registration fee includes: expert workshop facilitation for two days
by two highly-skilled Tero trainers, workshop materials, useful job aid, award-winning Your Invisible Toolbox book, e-manual and
electronic resources, complimentary subscription to Tero's monthly eZine
(electronic magazine) and complimentary access to Tero's exclusive
Graduates Only section of the Tero website.
You may cancel your registration up to 14 days before the seminar.
75% of your registration fee will be refunded. If you need to cancel
less than 14 days prior to the seminar, you may send a substitute from
your organization or transfer your registration to another Tero seminar
within one year.
Tero International provides training to clients at locations around
the world. To bring this Tero workshop to a group of people at your
location, to inquire about facilitator certification, or to ask a
question, contact Tero. Contact Ann Block, Vice President of Client Relations, 515-221-2318 (ext. 204) or email [email protected]